cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

crackling phone

Hi,

I was wonder if anyone has any advice.

My land line has been incredibly 'crackly' for past few weeks. I just haven't had time to sort it out. If the phone rings or a go to try and use it (which is pretty impossible), then the internet cuts out for a couple of minutes.

I have tried plugging just the phone into the main socket, and it is no where near as crackly. Which would suggest there is a problem within my house?

Last night I tried the bt bot and it said they couldn't find a problem, however after it was supposed to have finished the internet was on and off for hours. In fact whilst trying to send this question, the internet has gone off twice. I don't want to call bt out, if it is my problem. I have had a crackling phone in the past, it usually corrects itself with a few day/ a week.

Thank you in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: crackling phone

which master socket do you have?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

if you use a filter have you tried a new filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply.

I have number 2. I've just tried a new filter and it does not seem to have made any difference 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

have you tried connecting to test socket by removing the bottom half of master and then dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone.  if you still get noise/crackle then report phone fault to 151 or 0800800151 from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I have done the silent line test and there is still noise. I have rang bt and they did check and recommend an engineer visit.

Thank you for your help 

0 Ratings