cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

digital voice broadband and landline

Go to solution

My landline changed today to  Digital voice, but I have two problems. I live in an independent living home, so have my own landline phone, which has all my numbers, caller id etc., but also a  OK basic phone which  has a button on it  which when pressed will  indicate I am OK and, if this is not pressed my next of kin is informed.  However, as there is only one slot on my Smart Hub 2  for a phone, I will now hav e to keep switching /slotting  alternately these 2 phones into the hub twice each day.  which is crazy  I am a pensioner with no knowledge of how to fix this.

Also when these two phones were analogue and used the BT  master socket on the wall, I also had an extension   cable from the mater socket into the bedroom, and of course this will not work now .  So how to fix this I do not know.

I tried to make an appointment with a  BT Tech Engineer visit to help sort this as this  service is included  with my B T Halo contract, but there are no appointments available  at all for November or into December, what do I do.  Can anyone help me out please with advice.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: digital voice broadband and landline

Go to solution

@momo

You can buy a phone splitter cable which will allow you to plug two phones into one socket.

Capture.JPG

Cost £6.99 from Amazon. You may also be able to get one locally.

One BT Plug to Two UK BT Telephone Socket Adapter Splitter Doubler Splitter

You could of course connect two together, and plug your extension into it.

You also might find this post helpful https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Help-with-setting-up-digital-voice-telephon...

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

the free DV phone(s) you get will pair with hub by dect and being cordless can be carried about with you.  you can connect the OK phone to the socket on back of hub.  you could also ask BT for DV adapter which you could then plug into power socket in other room and connect your OK phone there when needed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you Keith for such a quick response, and I will certainly obtain one of these to solve my problem

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks - I had not heard of the  DV  phone and will certainly be looking into this to see if it will solve the second part of my problem.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

if you did not get a free DV phone then phone CS 150 and ask for either advanced phone or 2 essential phones as that is normal choice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings