cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

how do I (or can I) stop scam BT emails?

Go to solution

Hi, I get around 3 scam emails each day purporting to be from BT. They have headings such as "Your BT billing Refund status" (with typical poor punctuation, illogical capitalisation of certain letters etc) and when I hover over the email address it shows someone's personal email address. I add them to my blocked list but they keep on coming!

Is there a way to stop these annoying emails?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: how do I (or can I) stop scam BT emails?

Go to solution

There is no way to stop the individual emails other than doing what you are already doing but if the email addresses have been spoofed you are wasting your time even doing that or the following.

If the domain of the email address is not one that you would normally receive emails from such as @ btconnect.com you could try blocking the domain rather than just the address. 

This will however block all emails from that domain so do not do that if you would normally receive emails from other users that use the same domain.

See links about "spoofing".

What is Spam, Phishing and “spoofing"? | BT Help

Email spoofing - Wikipedia

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

thank you for your reply - as I feared - a future of BT spam emails ahead of me 😤

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Spammers usually move on to some other group of email addresses after a few days.

Obviously do not reply to them, click on any links or try and "unsubscribe" from spam emails. By doing that all you are doing is confirming that your email address is "live" and no doubt more spam will follow. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it's been going on for around a year and although I keep blocking them they seem to have an inexhaustible supply of spammed email addresses. No, I definitely won't be replying. Cheers, Allison

0 Ratings