cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 6

how is this helpful at all to a why have broadband contracts gone to two years ?

how is this helpful at all to a customer ?

there is no justification for a minimum two year term for broadband

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6

i have recived my rneenwal for broadband and tv.. renewal email .. what a shambles

i have revived my renewal email for broadband and tv.. i have never seen a more confusing email

every choice seems worse

utter shambles

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: how is this helpful at all to a why have broadband contracts gone to two years ?

@londonman wrote:

how is this helpful at all to a customer ?

there is no justification for a minimum two year term for broadband

BT are a commercial company and they have taken a commercial decision to do that and will no doubt be able to justify why they took that decision on a commercial basis. If it was not in the companies interest they would not have done it.

It is up to any potential customers or re-contracting customer to make the decision whether or not to become a customer or remain as one based upon the price, duration and terms and conditions of the packages that are on offer.

Perhaps some people like to have a two year contract knowing how much they will be paying for the next two years and not having to go through the annual ritual of re-contracting.

There is no obligation to become a BT customer. There are other ISP whose price etc may suit the potential customer better. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Re: how is this helpful at all to a why have broadband contracts gone to two years ?

there is also no obligation to stay as a BT customer  and BT does little to nothing to keep them 

that is why the are looking to trap them into longer contracts 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@londonman wrote:

there is also no obligation to stay as a BT customer  and BT does little to nothing to keep them 

Your choice.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Hello @londonman,

Spoiler

I'm sorry BT don't trap nobody into contracts, it's clearly up to the customer to sign up. I'm a BT Fibre 2 customer and had 1 problem with BT but now they've sorted it each month my BT line is checked each month.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings