cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7

slow speed after update- v0.24.04.11017-BT

Reported a slow speed prob after testing at bt speed test, on 1st Jan  an update was pushed out to hub on 2nd Jan  and I was told that the fault was fixed.  but its not !  now runing at 17-18ish  garenteed speed should be 23, hub now tels me its runing at 22.4-  tried factory reset yes smart setup is off, quiet line test is quiet.  Now bt are offering a speed upgrade (are they for real? cant even give what they should be)  if its sounding as tho I am ~~~~ng fedup  yes I am !

Sorry I should have said--

Fibre with BT Halo 1  even tho when I look online -I am told that Halo is not available where I am (they graciously gave a free upgrade to Halo)

Any help -- many thanks.    I am not a tech - complete beginer !

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: slow speed after update- v0.24.04.11017-BT

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

please read my post ?? quiet line test is quiet !! yest I will post stats- I allso have stats from bt.holesale speedtest from other day and will get one today and post.

Screenshot (11).pngScreenshot (12).pngScreenshot (13).pngScreenshot (16).pngScreenshot (17).png

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

one that I forgot to post-

Screenshot (18).png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

which exchange and cab are you on  would be shown at top of dslchecker results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7

kildary cab 1.  should allso have said-- its not wifi speeds  its wired ethernet !

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

oops looks like ive wiped the pics--didnt realize i had to keep them after posting.
0 Ratings