cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 7

wifi slowed down

My BT Wifi when I first got it was about 6mbps but then it randomly slowed down to 300kbps!   i have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7

Same wifi used to be 6mbps then went down to 300kbps

My wifi when i first got it used to have atleast 6mbps download speed with isnt good but is certainly better than 300kbps, it randomly slowed down and i dont know what to do

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: Same wifi used to be 6mbps then went down to 300kbps

Hi, @nemosleep123  Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your broadband speed.

Can you post your Home Hub router stats and we'll take a look? You'll get them by entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser, if you have a home hub 5 please go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if it's a Smart Hub go to advanced settings then technical log information.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

nemosleep123_0-1640035702919.png

This? @NeilO 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @nemosleep123,

Thank you for posting back with that information.

Looking at your connection stats your line looks pretty good. Your connections speed is sitting at 54 Mbps. Your line also looks nice and stable with the current session being active for nearly 9 days.

How is the speed of your connection when you test it wired instead of wirelessly?

If the slow down is only on the wireless I would try restarting your hub to see if that has a positive effect.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

nemosleep123_1-1640296538365.png

This is all on a wired connection

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Can you run btspeedtester with ethernet connection and post results

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have digital voice then it wont work so try fast.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.