cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

2 * STB's

Go to solution

Thinking of getting Pro Box. Is it possible to set that up alongside my old BT STB so i can finish off seeing my recordings.

Thx

Tony L

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: 2 * STB's

Go to solution

Hi @Flipflop96 

I believe so, but you can only watch any subscription channels on one box, so when you plug in the Pro Box it will ask if it should be the "master".

This would then deactivate access to channels on the original box, apart from those delivered by an aerial.

However, whilst you should have no issues watching recordings on the original box that were recorded via an aerial (Freeview), you may not be able to access the recordings from subscription channels as the "authorisation" if you like, has moved to the Pro Box.

This is my best guess as it is how other subscription services work.

In a nutshell, if your recordings are from Freeview via an aerial, crack on. If not, you may want to wait until you have watched anything recorded via broadband (subscription), before adding the new box into the mix.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

You can subscribe to the Extra Box service, this will allow simultaneous viewing of ALL channels that you are subscribed to for a nominal extra cost but I believe you can only have one recordable box 

See Can I watch BT TV in more than one room? | BT Help 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Yes but watch the subscribred recordings on the old box first, I've done it myself & the old box still functions with freeview & able to watch the freeview recordings

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Thx Garybs.

How did you set it up?

Tony

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I just had 2 boxes using different hdmi cables & only the new box connected to hub

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Remember  the old  remote (infra Red) will operate  both boxes. (The Bluetooth remote will operate the BT Pro Box it is paired to only)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thx for all the excellent replies. much appreciated. One final one. Is it worth getting the PRO Box?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Compared to the older YouView boxes? Yes. It’s even faster than the T4000.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thx Stereo, convinced me.