cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Accidental Damage to a BT TV Pro Box

Go to solution

There has been an accident with one of my BT TV Pro boxes.

The three-tier glass TV stand, the top shelf, where the 40” Panasonic sits exploded so causing this shelf to collapse and the TV to fall onto the Downstairs BT TV Pro box so causing a dent to its side.

I believe that this is causing this box to malfunction so causing picture breakup and apps not working.

I have two BT TV Pro boxes, one upstairs and one downstairs and the upstairs is working fine.

Question: Will BT replace this downstairs box free of charge for me and how do I achieve this?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Accidental Damage to a BT TV Pro Box

Go to solution

Well you can ask but home insurance has accidental damage cover for a reason.

Might be quicker and easier to buy a box off of eBay or CeX and swap it for the damaged one. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you for your prompt reply.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@PeekyErnwrote:

I have two BT TV Pro boxes, one upstairs and one downstairs and the upstairs is working fine.

Question: Will BT replace this downstairs box free of charge for me and how do I achieve this?

BT only supply 1 pro box, 2nd box subscriptions are via a mini pro box, so I can't see BT replacing a setup you shouldn't have, remember to keep hold of the boxes as well, you'll be charged for non-return should you cancel your BTTV subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have 2 Pro boxes because of a special dispensation as BT made a mistake on installation so therefore agreed to this setup. It is unfortunately that your reply does not address my issue.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

As the box is loaned to you as part of your subscription, you are expected to return it in good working order. If it's no longer working, a charge may be levied which you might be able to claim back on your house insurance under an accidental damage claim.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@PeekyErn Here's an idea, why not ring BT and ask.

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you. The excess of the policy might outweigh the cost, plus the insurance premium will no doubt increase.

A no no situation. Thanks anyway for your advice.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Good idea.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

As the boxes were supplied by BT I would suggest you do contact them.

you might wish to temporarily swap your boxes keeping the same cabling configuration  over to verify that it is the box itself that is malfunctioning.