cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Adding **bleep** to Whole Home

I have a white disk Whole Home set up which has used 4 disks successfully for some years,  One of the disks was said by the App to be disconnected, although the blue light was still on constantly on the disk.  I have attempted to reconnect that disk several times, including resetting to factory settings.  The App says 'Found Disk', it then shows the bouncing balls for some minutes before coming up with 'Unable to find disk'.

Thinking the disk might be faulty, I have borrowed another from my son, with the same results.  Sometimes the bouncing balls can last over 30 minutes until I get fed up with it.

Yesterday a second disk showed as disconnected, but I added a new disk and the App found it, downloaded upgraded software and reconnected.

Both the disks I've attempted to connect come from different network/passwords to the original network of 3.  I can find no way of 'telling' the system that it is OK to connect the extra disk.  Am I missing something, but there is nothing in the App or Help to tell me if I need to change the network, or how to.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Adding **bleep** to Whole Home

I don't understand why the system put **bleep** in the title, or why you've moved it or why it now appears locked.

Should I resubmit it as it should have been?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Adding a disk to a wifi network

I have a white disk Whole Home set up which has used 4 disks successfully for some years,  One of the disks was said by the App to be disconnected, although the blue light was still on constantly on the disk.  I have attempted to reconnect that disk several times, including resetting to factory settings.  The App says 'Found Disk', it then shows the bouncing balls for some minutes before coming up with 'Unable to find disk'.

Thinking the disk might be faulty, I have borrowed another from my son, with the same results.  Sometimes the bouncing balls can last over 30 minutes until I get fed up with it.

Yesterday a second disk showed as disconnected, but I added a new disk and the App found it, downloaded upgraded software and reconnected.

Both the disks I've attempted to connect come from different network/passwords to the original network of 3.  I can find no way of 'telling' the system that it is OK to connect the extra disk.  Am I missing something, but there is nothing in the App or Help to tell me if I need to change the network, or how to.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Re: Adding a disk to a wifi network

@Kencooper 

You would be best to check with the WHE product helpdesk as they will be able to answer this for you. Call them on 0808 100 6116 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com

0 Ratings