cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT DEVICE CONFIGURATION TOOL

BT DEVICE CONFIGURATION TOOL - Where do I get it?

The link...

(https://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45220/c/6555_

now goes to a blank webpage that says "

This site has been disabled for the time being.

Can anyone send me the BT device configuration tool using wetransfer.com or is there a way to download it. 

got told off for putting an email address here… obviously no support to the question asked…just a groan about an email address from a  random keyboard somewhere.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT DEVICE CONFIGURATION TOOL

@nobbyjnr 

Please edit out your email address, as its not permitted on this forum. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

It well if you explained what you are wanting to do and then maybe someone will be able to help 

You were asked to remove your email address in your interest as this is a public forum and you may get more spam mail than you can handle

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

We need to configure some home hotspot 500 mini Wi-Fi extenders.

we need the BT device configuration toool to do that.  However the website is saying the website is disabled for now.  Been like it for the week we have been trying.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

You don't need to download that software to manage them. You just need to find the IP Addresses of the devices in your DHCP table on the router.

Then access that IP addresses in a web browser

Message 6 of 11

@nobbyjnr 

If you connect to it via wireless, and go to http://mybtdevice.home  it should allow you to administer that hotspot.

As already stated, its sometimes easier to go to its IP address, as you can do that from any computer connected to the same LAN.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I have tried that it I couldn’t get the webpage up

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

nobbyjnr_0-1673695186411.png

doesnt work im afraid

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

You can locate the IP address of the devices in your DHCP table in your router. If you are using a BT supplied router you can usually access the router GUI via http://192.168.1.254

You can also download an app on your phone such as fing that you can use to scan your local network for all devices on it and can also then do a scan for open ports on a particular device on the local network 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi guru,, i have the IP addresses but when you enter them in the web browser you get nothing.
0 Ratings