cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Decor 2600 Advanced Call Blocker

Go to solution

Hi - I have bought one of these phones for a dementia client. She has a son living in Spain. His number has been added to the 'safe list' of numbers but we have found he cannot get through to his mum without his call being screened. All other safe numbers are getting connected without the screening  Because of her dementia, she is not currently able to receive calls from her son because she cannot understanding the screening process. Are all international numbers blocked in this way by the 2600 or am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to add an international number to the safe list? Would a different phone be any better in these circumstances? Many thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Decor 2600 Advanced Call Blocker

Go to solution

@rachelleigh73 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Try the product helpdesk.

Product helpdesk information

If your phone is within warranty:

By phone: 0800 145 6789

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

If your product is out of warranty contact BT's recommended agent

By phone: 0800 980 8999

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe Thanks Keith - but the email link you sent doesn't work, and despite me having made the product purchase the BT helpline will only discuss this with the BT account holder, who has dementia and cannot understand the problem... so I am no further forwards...

I think I was hoping to resolve the issue here, but it seems it is not the forum for that. If you have any other suggestions that would be great. Otherwise our choices seem to be to remove the call block and leave her vulnerable to scams, or to arrange to have somebody go round to be with her whenever the overseas son wants to call - neither of which is ideal. This is assuming that I'm not missing something that wasn't included in the set up instructions... or that there isn't a fault with the phone. I have no idea why it isn't working as intended. Thanks again, Rachel

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The product helpline number is for anybody who has bought that phone, ever if they are with another provider, so there is no reason why they should ask to speak to the account holder.

If you ring again and say that you own the phone and are trying to allow international calls through, then I cannot see any reason why they should not help.

As for the email contact link not working, I will ask a moderator to investigate.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Have a look at the screening by area code, P.20/21 of the manual & check that the international prefix for the son's call hasn't somehow been added there. Maybe all international calls are screened in that category?

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe @rbz5416 

Thank you both. I phoned again from my clients house and was still asked to have my dementia client present before BT would discuss my purchase with me, and they asked for a lot of her data too... all totally irrelevent but hey ho...

I have been advised by BT that the BT Decor 2600 Advanced Call Blocker cannot allow international calls to bypass the screening process. I'm posting this here to save the next person who encounters this problem some time. I'll see if I can mention it on Amazon too.

With thanks again for replying.

Rachel

0 Ratings