cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Everyday phone not ringing

I bought a new BT Everyday single phone and took it back as it wasn't ringing.  Now the second one is doing just the same!  Both the handset and base ring out when we set the ring tone and volume, but neither ring when there is an incoming call.

Is there a faulty batch or is there something else I need to do? I'd have thought that I just needed to charge it and plug it into the phone line box and it would work but unfortunately it's not....

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Everyday phone not ringing

@yamasil 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Does BT Retail provide your phone service?

If you ring your home phone from a mobile, and then wait until you hear the ringing tone on your mobile, what happens if you pick up the everyday phone, can you answer the call even though it does nor ring?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Do you have another phone you can check that it is not the socket problem and not the phone 

Do you have digital voice?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

No, we're with Virgin
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

The phone we previously had worked fine, it just wasn't keeping its charge and that's the only reason we got a new one.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

No, we're with Virgin

Its possible that the phone is incompatible with the Virgin Media phone system. They use their own phone network which may not be supplying the correct ringing supply, or it may be faulty.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

The batteries in the original phone are almost certainly replaceable. What is the make/model?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

We tried that but it didn't help so think it wasn't charging
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

We can make outgoing and receive incoming phone calls, it just doesn't ring, just squeaks once randomly sometimes lol. Think I'll just have to admit defeat and get a Panasonic instead....

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

There have been some issues with the BT Hub which were solved by adding an ADSL microfilter. Might be worth trying that if you have one kicking around.

0 Ratings