cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Halo 3 + HybridConnect - no 4G signal

Thats also how the BT ones work, just didn't want to correct as it doesn't make much difference to the query about his hybrid connect.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Hi VrteranISPuser. I am by no means a techie and probably my EE booster acted in a similar way to your explanation. we had lousy external 3G signal but with the booster we got four bars on our phones.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

You confirmed that you had checked EE coverage map which showed your area had a good signal which is the same as BT would do before providing hybrid connect. There is no way apart from visiting your home would anyone know that you had poor reception

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Yes I have that firmware and one bar -117dBm and it works well.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Thx dephead. I think I have to accept that I can't get a 4G signal here in my location in mid-Sussex, so I can't use hybrid connect. A bummer isn't it in 2021 and all BT/EEs technology!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Wow I'm in Mid Sx too. RH17. Any help?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

RH15 B/Hill. Why can't additional masts be erected or, more sensibly, existing ones shared. Rather frustrating really. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Agreed. I ditched Voda when they ceased the sure signal femtocell service as we couldn't get voda signal here. EE/BT has proved a better bet. Sorry that's not the case for you. Agreed mast haring would benefit consumers but does not meet the competitive market of  the  ISPs

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

if you had a booster that plugged into your router, then it is simply acting as a local 3g/4g antenna in your home, and then routing all the traffic over your broadband instead.
So it is completely reliant on your broadband connection.

0 Ratings