cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Smart Hub 3, does it exist?

I am currently using the BT Smart hub 2 and it is starting to show its age to an extent, and so I am looking at getting new hardware, I did see a review for a replacement but on it the guy listed "Smart Hub 5" which I guessed was a typo (as it should have been home hub 5) but that made me think is there a Smart hub 3 or at least one in the works, if there isn't would I have to go through EE to get upgraded hardware if not them then what hardware do you guys recomend?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Smart Hub 3, does it exist?

The Smart hub 3 does exist, but only for BT Business customers at the moment. Whether it will be released for consumer customers remains to be seen.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/07/isp-bt-launch-uk-business-smart-hub-3-router-and-compl...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Because BT is migrating consumers to EE, the consumer Smart Hub 3 is only being shipped to new EE customers.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/06/isp-ee-uk-launch-1-6gbps-full-fibre-broadband-plan-and...

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

any idea how its gonna affect BT customers?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I just got off the phone with EE about it, as a note I don't work for either BT or EE so anything said by me isnt officially set in stone so anything that differs from what i say dont blame me

the plan is BT to be focusing more on business customers and dropping consumer customers but sending them over to EE, your current contract when it happens will transfer over and it seems to be at the same price that you will be paying there may be discounts and they also may put you on a better deal as there are going to be rolling out true fiber (fiber to the house instead of fiber to the cabbinet) the roll out of fiber to house isnt set to end till the end of 2025 at a guess of what the guy said. 

0 Ratings