cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Whole Home Help

Hi,

I have a fibre connection, from the router using ethernet I can get a download speed of 350mpbs and a upload speed of around 830mpbs. 

The bt disc is plugged in via ethernet to the router and sat next to it using wifi It can barely give me 50mbps for download but can give me 120mpbs for upload. 

The second BT disc is also upstairs and plugged into that via ethernet to my laptop I can get 300mpbs download and around 600 upload.

From wifi for the upstairs I can still barely pull 50mpbs but I can get 120mpbs upload.

I've tried playing around with the frequencies to no avail.

Please can anyone help me

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Whole Home Help

With the lack of information given it's very difficult to help.

Start with the obvious, what disc's? Black, White or Grey this will help a lot if you can provide what discs you have, even then BT have white discs with mini, premium etc to name just 2 variations, all variations give different throughput so this information is required.

Then what device are you testing the wireless throughput with? Wifi 4, 5 or 6  - 802.11 n, ac or ax? This will determine what speed you can download at.

As you can see the above is just basic information that is required to help. Unless someone on here has crystal ball.

Your question will be hard enough to answer with the information above as there can be many more factors to take into account however this will give a better idea what is going on.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Whole Home Help

Hi,

The disks are white just the normal ones. 

It seems to be an issue with computers mainly, I've made sure it only uses 5GHZ and have tried sitting next to the router but speeds are incredibly slow. 

However phones do seem to have more consistent speeds. It's definitely something with the boosters, as I've linked an old router via ethernet and then plugged my computer into that and I get faster speeds. So its wifi that seems to be the issue. 

0 Ratings