cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Whole Home Mini Discs (white) won’t connect to new TalkTalk proper fibre

Go to solution

Hi

I’ve just had TalkTalk fibre optic installed by Openreach to replace my copper TalkTalk service. My BT WH mini discs have worked brilliantly previously and expected them to plug and play via the newly installed Openreach modem (router) on the wall but when I plugged them in the light always ended up on red (no internet connection). I tried all discs with same result. The app etc worked fine just no internet connection. 
Tried with the TalkTalk eero mesh device and connected fine. Used an old TPLink router plugged into the wall mounted modem and that worked fine - plugged the BT discs into that (as per the old setup) and No Internet Connection. Spoke to BT WH team who agreed that it should just work and sent me new discs. Same problem. Have tried every combination of power cycles I can think of but to no avail. Am baffled. Any ideas much appreciated!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Whole Home Mini Discs (white) won’t connect to new TalkTalk proper fibre

Go to solution

@Iclong 

Have you asked on the Talk Talk user forum?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/custom/page/page-id/ForumIndex

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

No but definitely will! Covering all bases!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

The white box on the wall is only a modem and not a router. The Wi-Fi discs need to be connected to the talk talk supplied router. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Plugged in to TalkTalk eero and 

0 Ratings