cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Wholehome Premium

Hi,

I’ve had BT Wholehome Premium for a couple of years or so (3 disc package). I have 2 questions:

1. My discs have the BT logo on with the coloured world like logo, are the newer Premium discs that have just the BT logo on compatibile?

2. I’m looking to add an additional disc to my garden room that is probably out of range to connect to the closest disc. If I connect a 40m Ethernet cable into my disc in the garage and plug into the disc in my garden room am I right in thinking this will work?

Regards

Mark

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Wholehome Premium

I can't help with 1 but the answer to 2 is yes.

If you're using Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi, ........ Only your first disc can be connected to the hub (router) using an Ethernet cable. If you wish to connect more discs by Ethernet, you'll need to connect them to the Ethernet port on another disc. 

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi FAQs - Set-up and installation | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Great and thanks for confirming. Just need an answer to no.1 and I can go and purchase another disc.

Message 4 of 5

I would suspect that the only difference between the discs is the logo. If you check on the BT Wholehome page

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi (088269) | BT Shop

It show the discs with the BT logo and when you click on the specification sheet it show them with the BT world logo which would suggest they are both the same spec.

If there was a difference and the "new" BT logo one was not compatible with the other one I would have expected it to say this in the specs and other BT Help pages in a similar manner as in the BT Complete Wifi page where it states that BT Complete wifi discs and BT Whole Home discs do not work together.

What is Complete Wi-Fi? | BT Help

If however the BT logo disc and the one with the BT world logo are not compatible you should be able to return it for a refund. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the information 

0 Ratings