cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Charging batteries before set up

I'm on my way to visit an elderly friend and only have a few hours with her. I'm taking BT4600 phones for her as she needs a new phone but have just realised that I should have charged the batteries for 24 hours before setting it up. Whilst with her, the maximum I could charge it is an hour or so. Will it have a detrimental effect if I try to set it after such a short charge and then put it back on to charge before she uses it?!!!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Charging batteries before set up

@Lisucia 

The batteries are normally partially charged, but if you can only charge them for a hour or so, then provided they are put back on charge once you have set them up, then they should be fine. It depends on how long the phones have been in storage before you received them.

Message 3 of 9

Thanks Keith - we're doing a 4-hour round trip to spend just a few hours with her and setting up the phones were one of my key tasks!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Remember that caller display need to be working on her phone line, otherwise the call blocking feature will not work, and if Call Guardian is turned on, every caller would need to announce themselves first.

Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the heads up!!! Anything else I should consider?!!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@LisuciaWhilst 24 hours is recommended assuming there is enough charge to set it up, there usually is, and she does not want to use it immediately then it should be fine and fully charge after a while when not in use.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks Bob...I feel such an idiot for not thinking about it before!!!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

It would be helpful to add any common numbers that may be called or received. It very important to enter the full national dialling number into the phone book entries, local short dialling numbers will not work.

Provided caller display is active, then those stored numbers will be able to contact her without needing to announce themselves when Call Guardian is on.

Message 9 of 9

Great - noted!!

0 Ratings