cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT whole home premium disc not working with toob

Hi, I have recently tried setting up 3 discs to boost my toob wifi, previously these discs worked great with my old virgin internet and have done for years.  I know how to set up the discs as I have mentioned I have had them for years so know them inside out.  For some reason they just don’t connect with the toob router which means I cannot set them up and mean I don’t have strong enough wifi.  Have spoke with toob and they say there internet does not bloke any wifi booster, and the premium discs are advertised to work with any internet, they aren’t cheap so don’t really want to spend anymore money and surely if they don’t work then they aren’t doing what they advertise?? Is there any tech people that could advise maybe setting changes to the discs or toob settings 🤷‍♂️

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT whole home premium disc not working with toob

How are you connecting the Whole Home discs? They are designed to be a stand alone mesh independent of any router WiFi and the first disc must be connected via Ethernet to the router.

Have you factory reset them to make sure the virgin IP scheme has been cleared out?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Yep done all that, the first disc is directly connected to the toob via Ethernet.  But when searching on the app I can’t connect to the connected disc ??

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

When you say can't connect to the disc is the app trying to go through the setup process?

If so, that would suggest the primary disc isn't advertising itself to set up and possibly needs factory resetting

0 Ratings