cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT7610 cordless phone trio not allowing me to answer calls & "no link to base"

Hi, I'm having issues with my BT7610 cordless phone trio, when the phone rings & I try & accept the call, it just cuts off, then I get "no link to base please check base", happening on all 3 handsets. I can make outgoing calls ok, but this started happening a few days ago at around the same time I was doing a line check for ongoing crackling on the line issues.  I've removed batteries on all units, unplugged everything left for 15 minutes then plugged back in, still the same issues. I tried my old phones & they seem to work ok, so assuming this is an issue with the 7610 & not the actual landline, seems to be lots of posts with issues with this model, are they just a bit rubbish, or is there a fix for this? TIA

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT7610 cordless phone trio not allowing me to answer calls & "no link to base"

I have exactly the same issue with a BT7610 trio as you, and have tried all the same fixes with no joy. Have only had these for 2 or 3 years - obviously they're out of guarantee, but as this appears to be a common issue I think I may contact BT. Not acceptable!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT7610 cordless phone trio not allowing me to answer calls & "no link to base"

Luckily, mine weren't that old, so still under warranty, trade up to panasonic, absolutely night & day difference, would never touch the BT rubbish again, good luck getting some help

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks - will think about Panasonic.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @csm1501 I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your BT 7610 phones. Have you tried contacting the helpdesk to see if they can help?

By phone: 0800 218 2182

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings