cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT7610 cordless phone trio not allowing me to answer calls & "no link to base"

Hi, I'm having issues with my BT7610 cordless phone trio, when the phone rings & I try & accept the call, it just cuts off, then I get "no link to base please check base", happening on all 3 handsets. I can make outgoing calls ok, but this started happening a few days ago at around the same time I was doing a line check for ongoing crackling on the line issues.  I've removed batteries on all units, unplugged everything left for 15 minutes then plugged back in, still the same issues. I tried my old phones & they seem to work ok, so assuming this is an issue with the 7610 & not the actual landline, seems to be lots of posts with issues with this model, are they just a bit rubbish, or is there a fix for this? TIA

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT7610 cordless phone trio not allowing me to answer calls & "no link to base"

I have exactly the same issue with a BT7610 trio as you, and have tried all the same fixes with no joy. Have only had these for 2 or 3 years - obviously they're out of guarantee, but as this appears to be a common issue I think I may contact BT. Not acceptable!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: BT7610 cordless phone trio not allowing me to answer calls & "no link to base"

Luckily, mine weren't that old, so still under warranty, trade up to panasonic, absolutely night & day difference, would never touch the BT rubbish again, good luck getting some help

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks - will think about Panasonic.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @csm1501 I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your BT 7610 phones. Have you tried contacting the helpdesk to see if they can help?

By phone: 0800 218 2182

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

This thread is interesting, especially since Kirsty had done line checks. We had been away and came back to a dead line. It appears a council workman hedge trimming had nicked the cable on the pole. This was quickly fixed. However, our bt7610 now has the same fault. We have had no trouble with our bt7610 phones(4) for many years! Not sure when we got them but probably late 2000’s. It all seems too coincidental that the fault appeared after a line fault and repair… I will have to contact bt to see whether this is a known fault… Anyone else any thoughts?

0 Ratings