cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can I use my BT 4G Mini Hub anywhere in the country?

Go to solution

I received one of the 4G wifi mini hubs to help with my internet connection when transferring to a new address, it’s mine until the end of the year when I have to hand it back. I’m going away next weekend and the signal is a little iffy, I’ve noticed BT signal is good there so was thinking of taking the mini hub as I have some work to do. Will it work as it normally does? And I can use it as I would do at home?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I use my BT 4G Mini Hub anywhere in the country?

Go to solution

The idea of the BT 4G mini hub is to keep you connected at your home address. It is normally activated when there is a broadband fault and deactivated when the fault is fixed.

If yours is still working and you take it with you when you go away for the weekend it is not being used in the way that it should and as set out in the Terms and Conditions section 7 (a).

BT Halo 3 and 3+ terms

When away you could use your mobile phone and tether your other devices to that and use your phone's data allowance.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
I haven’t got BT Halo, it was given to me when I was waiting for broadband issue to be fixed when I moved to a new address. It doesn’t connect to my current router and it’s currently sat in a box doing nothing. Or are you referring to this too?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

The T&Cs will be the same. It was given for a specific reason, ie to keep you connected during a house move,  not as a "use any where" mobile router.

0 Ratings