cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Ethernet adaptor issues

My computer has been connected via ethernet to a BT mini connector since I began using this PC around April this year. In the last 3 days the ethernet connection has consistently disappeared from 18:00 PM. It has also lost connection with the other adaptor used to connect the two to the BT Hub (BT smart hub 2). 

I have checked all the drivers for my PC as well as change the ethernet cable being used and the connection is still poor/ no existent.  All the other devices in my house seem to be working fine and are fully connected to the internet. 

Is this a known issue with the BT mini adaptor/ is there something I can do to fix this as I rely heavily on the ethernet connection to run my PC. 

Both the hub and the mini adaptors are under a year old. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ethernet adaptor issues

Hi @mmb1, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

It's unusual that it always occurs at 6pm. Do you have anything that switches on with a timer set for 6pm that may be causing interference and the loss of connection?
Try Resetting The Mini Connectors and see if that resolves the issue.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Nothing set at anytime to come on/go off; also reset the adaptors, multiple times!

At minute I've stopped using them and had to revert to wifi.

This is the 2nd time using adaptors they've started playing up, similar happened using them on another PC!

Thanks for response.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@mmb1 

What about close neighbours as it isn't unheard of for interference from neighbours causing problems with PLAs?

0 Ratings