cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Firmware Update v41 causing gaming issues

Have you got any ideas on how to rectify or do I just need to complaining to BT?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Keep complaining, even it doesn’t get fixed. They need to know there is an issue. The more people complain increases the chance they will actually investigate and do something. You have to ask to speak to managers as they seem to be able to be more helpful. Do let them just say there is nothing they can do. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

@Hazza2107 

After a firmware update, its best to do a factory reset of the home hub, as the new firmware is likely to contain changes to the configuration file which do not match your current working file.

By doing a factory reset, the latest version of that configuration file is loaded, which would then match the version included in the firmware.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-settings

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Reset the router about 100 times. Also got sent a brand new one last week. Issue still there.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Variable response times are nearly always caused by something affecting the local network, like video streaming services running at the same time, or using a wireless connection instead of a direct Ethernet connection to the home hub.

Netflix is the worst offender, as it uploads data as well as downloading it.

Cloud uploads will also upset things. Things like OneDrive, Google Drive, or BT Cloud.

You need exclusive access to your Internet connection if you want to avoid poor response times.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

When I received the new router I didn’t connect any devices apart from one to test the connection. The issue was still there. There was no streaming, gaming, uploads or downloads happening. This is not a local network issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Issue is identical to many of us with engineers confirming lines are okay, equipment switched out multiple times ans 1 device via ethernet cable with the problem being noticed at the start of december.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Latency to the BT servers in London show major jitter and inconsistent latency spikes. 20mins after every factory reset or restart of the hub the latency consistently rests higher from around 7-8ms to 11-12ms with latency spikes.

This occurs no matter if the IP changes or not

Spammy2_0-1704648827875.png

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Hi @Spammy2  are you still having the same issues?

I’ve tried just about everything and still got the same issue

Last option is getting a PPPoe router and modem. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

I've got the best connection speed I've ever had but that could just be the recent switch to DV.
0 Ratings