cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

HP Photosmart stopped connecting to BT whole home network

Dear BR community members.

I have an HP Photosmart 5520 which until recently behaved very nicely with my Whole Home Wifi setup.   However, since last week I have been unable to get it to re-connect.  I have tried  doing a factory reset on the printer;  Restarting my network, and attempting to re-connect on 2.4Mhz but nothing works. 

If I look at my BT Firmware update log, my system updated to SGAB208426 on 12/7/2023 which coincides reasonably closely to when my printer dropped permanently off my network.

When I check my Whole Home system logs, I can see the MAC address of my printer authenticating, then immediately de-authenticating again.    I am not running MAC filtering on my network or any other device-based access control.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what I should try next?   Thanks, Chris

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: HP Photosmart stopped connecting to BT whole home network

if you have had a firmware update on the SH2 then try a factory reset by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30 sec until hub lights flash as it is possible the update did not complete correctly.     then try reconnecting printer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@ChrisJR 

As @imjolly says but if you have Digital Voice export your contacts first & take a backup of the SH2 as well so you can restore original settings.

Probably makes sense to back up the SH2 settings anyway so any personalised settings can be reapplied.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Many thanks for the suggestions....  the factory reset solved some other niggling problems that I had with my network, but not the problem with the printer.   

Any other thoughts?  If not, I think I will contact BT.... they were quite helpful previously when I had authentication problems.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks very much for responding...   I tried the factory reset suggestion but still have this same problem.   Time to call BT perhaps...

All the best

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I have the exact same printer and the same issue with this firmware. I've tried the same as you and deleting the printer from the WiFi, no luck as of yet.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

This is not the first time I have had problems with certain devices refusing to join the my BT Home network.  Some visitors just never seem to be able to get past authentication for their devices - generally older Android phones and tablets.  Sometimes even newer Samsung devices have problems though too.

I have a separate TP-link Wireless Access Point that I have purchased  and so will try to see if it my printer behaves better with that...  It is a kludge, but a reasonably cheap solution given that I have little time to devote to this before we head off on holiday for the summer.   If I get to it, I will post my progress here.   

0 Ratings