cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

My bt Studio Plus 5500

Go to solution

My bt Studio Plus 5500 allows incoming calls but has stopped allowing outgoing calls.  Gives an engaged sound only.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: My bt Studio Plus 5500

Go to solution

Have you actually tried making a call or just assuming you can't because of the tone? I'm guessing what you may be hearing in the interrupted dial tone that indicates you have messages waiting on the 1571 service. That doesn't prevent outgoing calls.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, thank you. I checked my 1571, no messages, and checked calling did not connect.

I have a suspension that there may be a hardware fault

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Do you have another phone to try or can you borrow one?

@Keith_Beddoe

Could this be an exchange fault?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, I have a new DV phone as well, which is working fine.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Didn't realise you had DV, so not a line issue then. Is the old phone connected directly to the SH2 or are you using a DV adapter? If the latter, try the former. Also power cycle the Hub if you haven't already.

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you. Your advice to plug my Studio Plus phone directly into the SH2 worked.  So the fault blocking outgoing calls lies with the DV Adapter. ( I tried a power cycle but fault remained).  I will report problem to but soonest!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I tried re-registering Adapter, but fault remained. I have re-arranged my phones to avoid using the Adapter.  Thank you for your advice.

By the way, I have since found several others within the Community also having the same problem. 
Plus, I have found it virtually impossible to raise a fault report on any of BT’s websites specifically for a faulty Adapter.

0 Ratings