cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Hybrid connect, smart hub 2 and velop mesh

Go to solution

Hi if anyone can help..

My setup is Smarthub 2 with Wifi switched off. I have a 3 node Velop mesh system attached to SH2. Velop is in bridge mode with wifi ssid and password set to the default ssid and password of the smart hub 2. Main velop node connected via ethernet to port 1 on the SH2, one node ethernet backhaul the other wifi.

I have set up the hybrid connect successfully and works fine connected by ethernet to the smart hub. 

I would ideally like to move the hybrid unit but it does not successfully connect (via wifi) to the smart hub 2 with the velop system involved, even though its in bridge mode.

Is this expected behaviour? am I stuck having to have the hybrid unit connected directly to the SH2?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Hybrid connect, smart hub 2 and velop mesh

Go to solution

I suspect it is due to the way the hybrid device connects to the SH2 wan internally requiring it to be connected directly either via Ethernet or WiFi.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
@licquorice thank you, so you think that the only way to connect via WiFi is to re enable the sh2 wireless? Ah well I will leave it connected via Ethernet..
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If the WiFi is turned off on the SH2, why use the same SSID?

Rather than turn the WiFi off, leave it on and give the velop a different SSID, you can then use the SH2 WiFi purely to connect the hybrid.

Make sure the SH2 uses different channels to the velop to avoid interference.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
@licquorice thanks, I use the same ssid as too many devices to be bothered changing the WiFi details and thought if the velop was broadcasting the same details as the sh2 originally was the hybrid would work.

Will just leave as is with the hybrid connected via Ethernet.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Then leave the velop as it is and change the SSID of the SH2.

0 Ratings