cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Issue with whatsapp wifi access through BT Smart Hub - Type A

Issue with whatsapp wifi access through BT Smart Hub - Type A

Hub has worked very reliably for a few years, but now won't work with whatsapp, and I have to use a mobile connection on my phone. All other software and devices work ok. I am a plusnet customer, but at their suggestion I got a home hub a while back when they didn't have a decent router available, I was using their 2 box router solution at the time which developed issues. Having googled, I can see others had this issue in 2020. Plusnet are sending me a new plusnet router, but I don't want the hassle and stress of setting it up if I can get the BT router to work with whatsapp. Note I don't have a great mobile signal at home, so getting pictures and messages can be delayed. Any suggestions on what I can do with the hub would be appreciated, ideally simple ones. I am fairly sure its a router issue, the pop up whatsapp connection message says it is either being blocked or there is a connection issue, which there isn't as all other devices/services are ok. I have set the phone to jump to mobile automatically.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Issue with whatsapp wifi access through BT Smart Hub - Type A

I have no idea what the problem is but I cannot possibly see that the hub itself could cause the problem.

I suggest you post on the Plusnet forum to see if anyone else is having problems.

Message 3 of 8

what mobile do you have?

have you tried uninstalling the app, turning off mobile then back on and then reinstalling the app?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Samsung A51

I might try reinstalling when I have backed it up, as I can't do this at home due to poor mobile signal.

I assume it must be the router at fault as any other wifi routers I connect to work ok with whatsapp.

This started months ago, but have got fed up with it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Have you inadvertently enabled parental controls on your connection?

Message 6 of 8

I can't see parental control on the hub BT Smart Hub Manager, having googled it, I can see I need to log into BT account which may be tricky as I'm a plusnet customer using a BT hub, as they recommended me to do this, as at the time plusnet didn't have a decent route to offer. I can say I have not recently switched this on. Also facebook, insta etc works ok, teenagers in the house would not be happy if they didn't.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@richardhine 

The home hub would have mothing to do with your issue.

The controls would be on your account on the Plusnet network. You really need to discuss this issue on the Plusnet User Forum.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Forum/ct-p/Forum

Message 8 of 8

Just reading news on goole and customers complaining that they cannot access WhatsApp and it appears there is N outage at present so possibly this is your problem and you need to nothing but wait

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.