cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 154

Re: Issues post firmware upgrade SMARTHUB 2

@samtheaspie   Yes that is exactly my worry.  DV has removed choice. 

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 102 of 154

@gg30340 

As stated in post 94, the link is The Smart Setup URL is http://192.168.1.254/smart_setup.htm

I simply forgot to add that you need to enter the Admin password before clicking on the link otherwise you just get directed to the hub manager page

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 154

Thanks - just checked mine and SmartSetup is (still) off.

My setup is running okay with the "upgrade" but I haven't risked restarting the hub yet just in case, but it will obviously do a restart when it wants. I've a wide mix of devices and not yet seen any issues so far but all non-portable devices that can be are wired.

As a retired IT professional, this upgrade does smack of a too-soon release. No branding, poor colour scheme, functionality hidden rather than removed. Not something I would have let into production.

Tags (1)
Message 104 of 154

@gg30340wrote:

@Les-Gibson

Can you point out where the "Smart Set Up" is on the page you are using because there is no "Smart Set Up" on my UI page using the link that was posted or going in directly from my own set up. That includes when being logged onto Advance settings.

Have you done a factory reset since the upgrade because it appears that your update has possibly installed correctly.

EDIT:

As per your updated post. I logged onto Advanced settings then clicked on the link and Smart Set Up is showing.

My point exactly, it's still there but it's not accessible from the dashboard, in other words it's been hidden.

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 154

@Les-Gibson 
Thanks for the link to smart set up.  It’s still off thankfully.

It’s disappointing it’s there at all obviously, but at least it hasn’t been re-enabled!

Message 106 of 154

Re: Issues post firmware upgrade home hub 2

It seems to have hit the news BT Smart Hub 2 router 'disrupting' home networks - BBC News 

However many of your call centre colleagues still appear to have not had internal briefings.  Have managed to get return of Whole Home Premium as despite the efforts of colleagues and myself could not get it going again.  Unfortunately no replacements actually available so have had to order Whole Home Wifi 6 which is quite a bit more than the refund I will get.  I just hope that these will not be bricked by the router or should I be trying again with the other call centre to get the router changed too.  Would rather wait for Wi Fi 6 router to be available, even on beta but dont want to pay £400 and have it bricked on the first day.  Any ideas, as the underlying architecture, software and hardware appears very similar?  One could be forgiven for thinking one is a white case and one is a grey case!  I am hoping there is more to it than that.

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 154

It  'hit the news' a year ago if you had taken the trouble to look at the date of the article. That particular problem was fixed months ago.

Message 108 of 154

Update: I am being asked by a 2nd mod via PM to provide screenshots etc so they can raise problems to the Hub team - this thread and the 3 or 4 others is chock full of info and reproducable examples of how to replicate the issues on the latest v0.33 firmware.

@NeilO @RobbieMac 

Mod team -  you can simply send the Hub team a link to this thread and have them click my username to see the threads related to the issues as I only registered here to post about the issues so I only have about 15 posts total.

Also just have the Hub Team click on the tag for the full firmware version number v0.33

Hub Team...

In the interests of transparency for other customers who are also suffering the same firmware issues I am going to keep things in the open here rather than hidden in PMs so I will keep posting here regarding info and evidence of the issues with v0.33 firmware regarding wifi both bands 2.4GHz and 5GHz (doesn't matter which channels) affecting connection and downloads getting stuck at 10s - 100s of Kbps every few seconds eg 4 out of 5 times when testing using https://www.fast.com

And also makes using services such as vpn, zoom etc unstable and intermittant and drop

This issue is highly replicatable and shouldn't need screenshots etc from customers - Smart Hub 2, latest v0.33 firmware wifi issues both bands, tests on fast.com and using continuous internet test cases eg streaming, vpn, zoom etc etc

Note, this never seems to show on uploads tests - its only seeming to evidence on download tests and it seems to follow a timing pattern like there is a bug in the code loop of the v0.33 firmware

Tragically funny for me as I can write router firmware!

Mods, if this still doesn't give enough - do PM me again but it would be decent for customers affected if progress can be out in the open for all to read who are suffering the issues.

Message 109 of 154

Fair comment on the news article, date wasn't apparent on phone. Although root cause still not fixed it seems, deploying before fit.
0 Ratings
Message 110 of 154

Funny enough my wifi has been stable as anything.. Weirdly!

0 Ratings