cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Keep Youview Box

Go to solution

@Milb6 

Look back at your orders  as that could confirm when you received the box. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

As per my message 9.

If you had the box prior to Dec 2019 it is yours.

I will ask a moderator to post here to confirm that as you appear to be getting a lot of mis-information.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @Milb6 I can confirm that the information @gg30340 has provided is correct.

The policy is clear, if you have been sent loaned equipment after the 13 of December 2019 and choose not to or can't return it within 60 days of being asked, a one off charge is applied. 

You won't receive further charges or be chased again if the charge for the non returned equipment is paid. However as per the terms and conditions payment of the non-return equipment charge does not transfer ownership to you, the loaned equipment belongs to BT at all times. .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Hi All

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and thank you Neil for the final word on it.

We have spoken to somebody on the phone today and this has been sorted.

The entire policy seems insane to me, if the end user still has some use for the equipment then a purchase option should be added, I understand that there are certain features that will not work after being disconnected but I believe that a number of the features still will do and that this would be of use to a good sub section of people. I highly suspect that there is some sort of government grant or tax write off for BT to partake in a recycling program for the equipment but surely re use is what makes most sense as the highest priority! 

Regardless were just wasting time stewing on it now - thanks again for all of the assistance!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

There is no tax incentive or any other grant for BT to recycle. It was an EU directive/law for companies that sell electrical goods to recycle the old goods. It was kept by the UK after Brexit.

0 Ratings