cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Mini Box for sale on Ebay

Go to solution

I got my new BT Pro Box yesterday, seems to be a top performer. 

I would like to add TV in another room, but it will be used infrequently and I cant justify £10 per month.   I’ve noticed a few for sale on Ebay, any idea if these are legit, am I likely to incur any problems?   Thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mini Box for sale on Ebay

Go to solution

@JohnHatterwrote:

I got my new BT Pro Box yesterday, seems to be a top performer. 

I would like to add TV in another room, but it will be used infrequently and I cant justify £10 per month.   I’ve noticed a few for sale on Ebay, any idea if these are legit, am I likely to incur any problems?   Thanks 

If it is the newer variant of BT TV Mini box (below), that delivers channels over WiFi then yes, you will have problems as it just won't work without a Multiroom subscription.

Non recordable WiFi boxNon recordable WiFi box

If it is one of the older YouView boxes with an aerial, you can use that like a standard Freeview PVR without additional cost, but you won't be able to access any subscription channels you get via your BT Box Pro.

If this is just about getting access to some premium channels such as NOW tv in another room, then you could just buy an Amazon Fire Stick or similar for a one of charge and use that instead.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mini Box for sale on Ebay

Go to solution
Thank you , I was not aware a subscription for multi room is required