cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Devices connected to BT Whole Home Wifi disc keep dropping off network

Go to solution

I have a BT Whole Home Wifi with 4 discs, in various locations of a 3-storey townhouse. All of the discs are connected to the main switch via ethernet. I am running software version 1.02.13 build07

Recently I have found that devices connected to one of the discs (on the 1st floor) are frequently dropping off the network. Some of them are also not reconnecting after a power cycle, or in one case suffering 50-75% packet loss after reconnecting. This device is located on the floor below the disc, but directly below it (about 9 feet away from it).

I have tried power cycling the disc in question but it didn't help. I have tried restarting the entire Whole Home Wifi system (from the web UI). Neither helped. After power cycling the disc the only two devices which re-connected to it are suffering from very poor connectivity issues - i.e. the associated apps struggle to maintain a connection to them).

DHCP is handled by a Netgear X4S R8700 router. I allocate static IP addresses for many devices that need direct access from applications running on the network - e.g. IP cameras, remote control devices, etc. I usually set the static address on the device itself if possible, but if not I use address reservation on the router, using the device MAC address.

The problem disc has never been physically relocated, and no new electronic devices have been introduced to the area near it.

How likely is this to be a hardware issue with the disc?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Devices connected to BT Whole Home Wifi disc keep dropping off network

Go to solution

Hi @itm60 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having issues with your BT whole home wifi disc.  As you've done all the basic checks already, I'd recommend getting in touch with the helpdesk for assistance

By phone: 0808 100 6116 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings