cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New smart hub 2 needed

Hi

I'm not sure which of the sub forums to post this but I'm a bit frustrated.

My BT whole home discs stopped working about a fortnight ago. I spent about an hour on the phone to the UK tech team doing diagnostics and the conclusion they came to was that I needed a new smart hub 2. However, they organised for an engineer to come out and the earliest appointment was today. He's just been, and lo and behold has diagnosed the problem is that my Hub isn't talking to my discs and I need a new hub. He doesn't have one on his van. I've now got to wait for a Phonecall from BT customer services to confirm I need a new hub before they will send me a new one. 

How ridiculous is all of this? Lots of time wasted, BT's and mine, and my husband hasn't been able to work properly from home for 2 weeks because of the wifi strength in the rooms where he works because the discs won't connect.

Why wasn't the engineer prepped before the call out with the kit they thought he would need? Why won't they take his word for it and immediately send out a new hub without having to contact me first to confirm? I've already contacted them a fortnight ago to confirm !!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New smart hub 2 needed

@Burmey 

I assume you mean the black BT Complete Wi-Fi discs, and not the white whole home discs, as the white ones do not connect to the home hub wireless, one has to be hard wired to an Ethernet port?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes. I do get confused as to what they’re all called. The black discs yes. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Then if you have done a factory reset of the home hub, and it still does not work, then its likely to be a fault with the home hub.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes totally agree. 

0 Ratings