cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Potential scam

I have received a series of text messages supposedly from BT about a device called a Hybrid Connect Device that I am supposed to have ordered. I have received a text confirming an order, a text confirming a despatch with a fake tracking number and then a text with a delivery confirmation. I subsequently got a text with what is supposed to be a link to a set up guide.  There is no number associated with the texts and just says BT at the top. 

However while we have a BT account at home it’s not in my name and neither have I had any contact with BT for the last 4 years. 

any thought? And where can I report it

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Potential scam

Hi @Slalomsuki and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about these text messages. They're most definitely spam and should be ignored. You should be able to block any further messages from that particular number on your device. Type in “block” using your device’s search function. For Android phones, look for the three dots in the top right-hand corner of your text. Click on it and select “People” and “Options.” Next, select “Block” to stop receiving spam text messages from that number.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings