cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 73

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C208326 now live

[qoute]After 7 days on FW 208326, one of my 30 devices disconnected followed shortly by another 2, they all showed as connected both on the app and the GUI but they weren't. I tried the refresh connection facility on the app, but no go so I have rolled back to the previous version which had worked faultlessly for a month and all devices are now up and running on SGAB20822C.[/quote]

7 days later and exactly the same thing has happened on 20822 which had previously been stable for a month. 

I have now done a factory reset, still on 20822, and set everything up again.

I am losing patience now. I will have to spend the next week monitoring daily, it's like a Chinese water torture.

I agree with the above poster. If BT can't fix this problem they should replace this system which is only a couple of months old with the later model, assuming that works properly.

A very dissatisfied BT customer.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 73

Hi Everyone,

We are aware of issues that some customers have experienced with release SGAB208326 for Premium, which we are investigating in order to identify the root cause and produce a fix as soon as possible. We will update this thread when further updates are available.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Neil

Message 33 of 73

I am still running 822C.

All boxes stayed up for nearly two weeks.  Then the master (router connected) disc rebooted.  Now it's rebooting every day or so again.  Looks like there's something fundamentally wrong with the code / hardware which is better in 822C but there's still reliability issues and reboots happening.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 73

Two words bigmick " memory leak" 

Try factory reset and i bet its stable again for you for around 2 weeks and it will then cycle again, i think the timing is down to system load.

it all points to bad coding and failure to discard used memory in my opinion.

just what i think from reading all the recent threads, this needs sorting BT!

Message 35 of 73

Hi Foz,

You're right - I've factory reset a few times now and after which it stays up for a week or more (never more than two weeks before it starts the rebooting cycle) but I don't want to have to factory reset every week.  Just tried a power reset of all discs and will see how long they stay up.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 73

Hi All,

Just registered to add my voice to this as I am also suffering with this issue.

I have 4 discs and only the main disc connected to the Virgin superhub is dropping, others are fine.

Has been dropping a few times a day since the update and to be honest even happened sometimes before.

Last night after reading through this thread I checked that the wifi is switched off on the virgin hub, it was before but somehow virgin switched it back on! 

It is now off again, and did a full power cycle of all discs which has resulted in them being solid for the last 14 hours or so, which is an improvement.

Come on BT, I have paid quite a considerable amount for this hardware in order to have a reliable wifi setup, as a programmer myself it is clear this has not been properly tested before release.

I suspect there are plenty more people out there that are having these issues, just you only hear from the people who like myself are sufficiently interested in resolving them to investigate further.

@PaddyB @NeilO - A timescale for the fix would be helpful?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 73

Would the new WiFi 6 Whole Home system, which I believe uses the same firmware, be more reliable or would it be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 73

Personal choice Tony, i think most people that had been through our bad experience with these premium discs would never buy another BT product again.

That said i am the first one to admit we went though these problems with the BTWH1 system (ac2600) and they ended up being the best buy on the market in my opinion,  The btwh1 firmware pretty much took a step forward each new release. These premium discs have not seemed to improved a great deal apart from now giving ethernet back haul which should have come with original release as advertised as standard!

Seems to me this firmware needs a complete start over, they had ample opportunity to sort this in the 12 months dead period between firmware releases yet they choose to develop a wifi 6 system before correcting firmware on current systems.

This is a very poor show from BT making there customers alpha testers, its really quite obvious that the last release wasn't even at beta level.

If these premium discs use the same hardware as the wifi 6 system BT should move these over to wifi 6 firmware and just develop 1 firmware and make a lot of unhappy customers happy!  (if they work as advertised)

This will never happen but putting it out there  

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 73

I've also had to downgrade to 822C from the latest firmware and disable automatic updates due to constant reboots of the master disc. Assume no internal long term testing goes on for firmware releases.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 73

Short update, since my last post the system lasted for around 18 hours before the master disc reset...

@PaddyB How long before BT will release an update to fix this issue??

0 Ratings