cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 110

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C Early Adopter now live

After many trials and partial success followed by failure a few days later, I cannot take anymore.

I have decided to return all my 4 discs and replace with an alternative.

Process was easy, was purchased through Argos and after getting returns number from BT helpdesk, returned to Argos who gave a credit to the full value without any issues.

Replacement now ordered (eero 6), fingers crossed it behaves itself.

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 110

Yes I'm running the grey W6 discs but never had it work when on WiFi backhaul.
0 Ratings
Message 53 of 110

Does anybody know if the 160Mhz provides faster wireless backhaul than the 80Mhz in our (not so) premiums?

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 110

Since updating my disks to 32, the uptime has gone completely out the window

Of 5 discs, some have uptimes of nearly a week....but others are rebooting regularly

The logs seem to show nothing - though bug with the timestamps in the log (defaults to 2013 before NTP sync) mean it is hard to decipher them 

This has definitely become a significantly worse problem since the updated firmware - do BT have any ideas as to what might be causing the restarts? Embedded hardware like this really ought to have uptimes of months at the very least....was this observed doing pre-release soak testing? 

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 110

• Have 5 x Wi-Fi 6 grey discs

• Upgraded to SGAC20832C firmware last night as I was getting a lot of discs frequently rebooting

• After the firmware upgrade, the mobile app was unable to see / connect to any of the Wi-Fi discs (oh the joy!)

• Deleted the mobile app and reinstalled it to try and set up all the discs again from scratch. But when trying to add the first disc (the primary disc), the app was giving an error stating it couldn't connect

• I managed to finally set up all the discs by adding a different disc as my primary (the one connected to the router) first

• Discs seem to be quite stable now when using the 80 Mhz Wi-Fi backhaul

• However, if I switch to the 160 Mhz Wi-Fi backhaul to try and get higher speeds, I experience a lot of disconnects and reboots particularly during or immediately after running a speed test (speedtest.net / fast.com). Maybe the CPU on these discs can't handle the throughput? (550 - 600 Mb/s download)

For now I am sticking to the 80 Mhz Wi-Fi backhaul and will continue to monitor how stable the system is.

UPDATE

Ran another speed test just now using the 80 Mhz Wi-Fi backhaul and got a nice speed result (ethernet cable from Wi-Fi 6 disc into my PC). The disc did not disconnect or restart which is good!

michaelsaleem_0-1640857169124.png

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 110

Spoke to soon. Have had several discs rebooting 😞
0 Ratings
Message 57 of 110

Turning off legacy steering seems to have helped reduce reboots....though I don't want to jinx things...

Message 58 of 110

Just had a video conference call earlier and it dropped twice. The disc rebooted each time (purple LED light); super annoying!

Thanks. I have just toggled the option for steering to off for all connected devices (a shame that it appears you cannot disable steering for all devices with a single click).

I will continue to monitor and see if there is any improvement 👍
0 Ratings
Message 59 of 110

I think you can disable it system wide. Oddly there are some menus that exist on the web UI but are not linked to, which seems rather odd to say the least! (you have to be logged in before accessing  the below) 

http://btwhole.home/2.0/gui/steering.htm/

Message 60 of 110

Ah, so I disabled "steering" as opposed to "legacy steering". Thanks for the link to the hidden page. I have managed to disable the correct option now lol.
0 Ratings