cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Retuning kit that is damaged

Go to solution

Hello,

Ive recieved a new router & need to return my old kit. 

It's currently working fine, but the wire runs under some flooring and behind our skirting board.  I will have to remove the skirting board to unplug the adapter to be abel to return the kit in full working order.

Will there be a fine if the kit is returned for recycling in a damaged state (i'm not sure if these are just recycled or repurposed & therefore need to be working, or possibly could be fixed if damaged) - for example, if we were to cut the plug off the end of the lead to pull the wire out without taking the skirting board off the wall?

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Retuning kit that is damaged

Go to solution

@evilannie 

If your old BT home hub was received before December 2019, then you can keep it, or re-cycle it yourself.

With old equipment, BT just send it to be re-cycled as they have to offer that option.

With the new Smart Hub 2, they can re-use them, but only if all items are complete.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Keith - we've definately had it since before 2019, but I think it is a smart hub. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@evilannie 

It won`t be a Smart Hub 2, as they are new. It will be an original Smart Hub.

The Smart Hub 2 has a special phone socket on the back (Green), for BT Digital Voice.

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ah, I see - thank you.  I'll cut the plug off then & send it back for recycling so that they can dispose of it accordingly.  Thank you for your help!

0 Ratings