cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Smart Hub Plus launched

Go to solution

So as many suspected, EE have provided the first glimpse of the new WiFi 6 router and hybrid connect, although the new design may well surprise considering how different it is (in a good way I think).

A reminder (if needed), that EE is becoming the consumer brand in BT Group, so the vast majority of us will be moving at some point.

1.6 Gbps Full Fibre as well for you lucky buggers with FTTP!

Full story here but still early days on this soft launch. 

New EE kitNew EE kit

Router on the left, repeater in white, connect on the right.

Official release information is here if needed.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Smart Hub Plus launched

Go to solution

They (soft) launched the smart hub plus yesterday at a new "EE Studio" store at Westfield White City.

You can get a flavour of the "connected experience" vibe they are going for with EE as the new consumer brand and even BT TV makes a brief experience in this video:

EE Studio tour featuring Big Zuu 

Probably showing my age, but I have no idea who Big Zuu is! 😆

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

As for the router looking good - it looks just as fresh as the day the design launched with Vodafone Austria!  The innards are probably different though!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

I hope EE/BT get their money back then... 🤣

The all-new range will feature a new look and sleek formal design created by consultancy ZAG in collaboration with renowned hardware designer Tej Chauhan

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

Its another pointless product. great they provide a 1.6Gbps connection, will i be able to receive on my PC no. Why is that you say Well The new router has a 2.5Gbps WAN, perfect, lets gues teh speed of the LAN connections. All 1Gbps, what is teh actual point of this.

Now my third party router has a 2.5Gbps WAn port adn 2 x 10Gbps LAN ports, easy then i can just use this, err no i can cause we are using Digital Voice and at the rish of bereaking anti trust laws (refer to microsoft forcing people to use their web browser) i have to use thsi new BT / EE branded router.

Whoever is in charge of BT product development should be fired, plain and simple 

Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

Why not get a VoIP line with another provider so you can use your own kit?

Is there a particular reason you have to stick with DV? 

I’m not sure who needs 1.6 Gbps download to be honest, but the upload still seems low for those shifting big files around.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

It's not a case of who does and doesn't need 1.6Gbps it's the fact they will be offering it with equipment that cannot meet the 1.6Gbps download speed. At least 1 of those LAN ports should support 2.5Gbps. 

Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

Please tell me what you intend doing with 2.5Gbps on a single device?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

Maybe I'm downloading 100GB game files while streaming 4k content. That's not really relevant. If I purchase a service that is advertising 1.6Gbps I expect to be able to log onto my desktop and receive those speeds. Adding the necessary LAN ports to deal with this died would cost all of £2 per port. There is zero excuse for bad router design

Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

The service is providing 1.6Gbps to be shared between multiple devices.

Do you seriously think a game server will serve your download at 1.6Gbps?

0 Ratings