cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Smart hub 2 wan port

Go to solution

Hi

just brought a smart hub 2 off eBay new and sealed model 091299 (FTTC)

can I reassign the wan port (red) to an Ethernet port as I really need 4 not the 3 this leaves me with

it will be replacing a business hub 5 that has recently started to play up 

TIA

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart hub 2 wan port

Go to solution

Hi @BigMattyN 

Apologises if this is wrong but I only have the 4 yellow ports.

If you are on the latest (or close) firmware v0.27.07.07281-BT then have a look in the Smart Hub Manager in Home -> Advanced settings -> Broadband and if you see Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode then turning it off allocates the 4th port to Ethernet. 

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

The hub with a specific WAN port was for FTTP customers and not FTTC  The newer SH2 has 4 Lan ports and facility to change 1 of Lan ports to wan so now can be issued to either FTTP or FTTC customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@BigMattyN wrote:

I really need 4 not the 3 this leaves me with

Just add an Ethernet switch, that will give you more ports.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for that , I’m going to install it tomorrow and will let you know if it works 👍

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

If you have bought it from eBay, it is unlikely to have the latest firmware, you will need to leave it connected to get updated.

However, if you have a business connection rather than residential, you won't get a firmware update.

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi

now have the latest software on the smart hub 2 and can confirm if you turn off FTTP mode in broadband settings it reboots with all 4 Ethernet  ports live!

many thanks for all your help

matt

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

This helped me thanks. Two people I was put through to at BT couldn’t assist. They just suggested a splitter which didn’t work. The user guide also states the port could not be used. It can, once the fix is set as described above. 

0 Ratings