cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Smarthub 2 Firmware latest version?

Go to solution

Hi,

My hub Firmware updated last night. I cannot find anywhere what the latest Firmware Version should be, does anybody know?

I noticed that the hub manager is now grey boxes and they used to be blue. Any explanation?

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Smarthub 2 Firmware latest version?

Go to solution

As far as I am aware the latest version is v0.37.00.07084-BT. My hub was updated to that yesterday, 17th Oct 2022.

As regards the grey boxes, It is just a change of colour by BT, no special reason.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

Yes,

mine updated to that version on 8th October. Grey boxes until activated....then blue.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution
Thank you.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

I received v0.37.00.07084-BT on 19th October & has a very handy feature to be able to completely disable wireless on the wireless settings page.

Previous to this, the only way to fully disable the hub emitting a Wi-Fi signal is to contact BT to disable the BT Wifi and then sometime afterwards it stops. This is very valuable for those of us using other products to provide Wifi on Channels 36-48 at 80mhz.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

Well spotted. Very surprising that BT have done this as it allows the use of BT wifi while out and about but without having to opt out.

However, they haven't improved the My Devices network connections screen, its still totally useless. According to my hub I have 6 devices connected to my wifi discs, the only problem is that I don't have any discs.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

May or may not be related, but a number of the problems I have had with Homekit devices such as smart plugs and lights (i.e. showing an error or not being able to remotely turn on or off), seems to have been resolved in the last few days since the update.

Coincidence? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

Yes

Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

The problem with Smart devices is they try to connect to the app in ad-hoc mode at 2.4Ghz when the phone is connecting to the hub at 5Ghz. Turning off 5Ghz on the hub forces the phone to use 2.4Ghz.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

Real shame there is no option to split the 2.4 and 5ghz networks like there was on my Asus router as this would solve a lot of my smart home device issues. Holding out hope they'll add this in the future maybe. Who knows.

0 Ratings