cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Smarthub 3 - any sign of it?

Is there any sign of the new WiFi 6 enabled SmartHub 3 appearing? 

I'm planning to move to 900 Halo 3+, but would hang on if the new hub was just around the corner.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smarthub 3 - any sign of it?

no

sometime early next yext is best estimate so far

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. P S. Any friend of Rikki is a friend of mine 😄

Message 4 of 5

i have ultrafast fttp, got fed up waiting and purchased the Mercusys (Tp-link sub brand) halo H80x system, a bargain price at a well known online store. Its dual band and wifi 6, and liken to night and day to the SH2 plus black discs.

Message 5 of 5

I vaguely remember seeing an article from somewhere (ISP net?) that a Smarthub 3 with Wifi 6 was possibly coming soon sometime this year, or early next year.

But it might be waiting for "jam tomorrow". You could always upgrade to that router if they do ever bring it out. Alternatively, I would say that rather than paying extra monthly for Halo 3 and Complete Wifi discs, it might be better to invest that extra money in a Wifi 6 Mesh system with a backhaul band. BT Consumer do some Total Wifi 6 Home Wifi discs (which effectively replace your main hub), or else you could look at something like the Asus XT8, or Netgear Orbi RBK series. These would involve a larger one off expense up front, but you would own them.