cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Transferring router setting from 1month old BT smart HUB2 to a new BT smart HUB2

Hi,

I have a BT smart HUB2 only a month old which seems to have a faulty wifi module and trips out my house electrics. BT have sent me a new BT smart HUB2 today and I assumed you can backup the the settings on the 1st hub and restore it to the 2nd.

I backed up 1st hub no problem File created hub.conf

I attempted to restore to the 2nd hub and I received a message saying that you can only restore the file to hub where it was backed up from i.e the 1st.

Madness

Surely I can backup and restore to another hub of the exact same model? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Transferring router setting from 1month old BT smart HUB2 to a new BT smart HUB2

seen other posts similar and backup only for hub on which you did backup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Transferring router setting from 1month old BT smart HUB2 to a new BT smart HUB2

Yeah I have seen such posts but its mad if you multiple custom settings (I have many) and the hub dies because of electrical issues. Then you should be able to buy the same hub and restore setting to that hub.

Before I had net gear hubs and this was allowed. So the chances are BT has a program or command line switch to allow the override.

Never give up 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Given the very few custom settings you can make on a SH2, it's hardly an onerous task to make them manually.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Is this a helpful forum? am I in the right place?

What I have configured

DNS
STATIC IP's
DEVICE CUSTOM NAMING's
DDNS
PFWD's
VPN

It would be less onerous task to allow a export/backup in a file format from one device (same make and model) to another device (same make and model) to be accepted by the receiving device. What about in the event that these $10 china made hubs fail on regular basis. The first one has lasted less than one month. 

Do you expect the customer to manually input their settings each time or simply restore from the back up file?

Come on BT be customer obsessed.

Other hub/router manufacturers allow this simple request. 

Perhaps treat this as a customer feature request as it seems this is not first query received about this.

0 Ratings