cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

What Do I Plug In The Digital Green Port On My BT Smart Hub 2?

Go to solution

I cannot seem to get a proper explanation to what the digital green port is for on the back of the BT smart hub 2?

I recently upgraded to BT's digital voice home and they sent me a new phone, does this need to be plugged into that port on the back of the hub, is so they didn't send me any extra cables?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: What Do I Plug In The Digital Green Port On My BT Smart Hub 2?

Go to solution

The green one should say phone above it, that is where you connect your phone to if you're now on Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @dilligaf76 

It is where you plug your existing phone (non-DV) instead of the master socket if you prefer to carry on using your old phones.

As for the DV phone. https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-set-up-my-service-

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Oh okay thanks for that. So as I have a new digital BT phone I guess I don't really need to use that green port on the back of the hub then...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Apparently the new BT digital phone I have been sent doesn't plug into that port?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

the new DV phone connects using dect like a standard cordless phone   you need to pair your DV phone to the SH2  you should have received instructions how to do that or you can go to hub manager then select phone number and you can pair phone there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@dilligaf76 wrote:
Apparently the new BT digital phone I have been sent doesn't plug into that port?

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-set-up-my-service-

0 Ratings