cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Whole Home Guest Schedule

I've an issue whereby I'm unable to setup a schedule under the guest WiFi, I have the option to do so in the app, however it is greyed out when I click into create a schedule?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Whole Home Guest Schedule

@ben_summers 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

It would be best to give the WHW product helpdesk a call on 0808 100 6116 ( Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com and they'll be happy to help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Same issue. I'm not phoning. That's what this forum is for.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

The forum is to get help and sometimes that helps is a phone call.

@Keith_Beddoe  did also kindly give an email address as well. That specific product is its own separate thing and is now quite old so BT have a specific team to help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@Kingbroady wrote:

Same issue. I'm not phoning. That's what this forum is for.

Great attitude!

Message 6 of 12

TBH, I wouldn't bother calling either, nor emailing as the resolutions provided haven't worked sadly. Just glad my contract is up in October.

As you've already established the forum is of no use niether.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@ben_summers said:

TBH, I wouldn't bother calling either, nor emailing as the resolutions provided haven't worked sadly. Just glad my contract is up in October.

As you've already established the forum is of no use niether.

Your contract wont have anything to do with BT Wholehome, its a separate product you can use with any ISP. Wholehome is half decent and I am happy to provide support on here if I can whenever I do spot a question relating to it. I used the original Wholehome large discs for nearly 5 years so can troubleshoot most quirks, having said that I never used the guest network feature at all, renders this post slightly irrelevant but you might have some more joy by configuring some settings from the master disc web interface and not the app. Locate the IP address of this disc and then navigate to this via a browsers http://192.168.1.xx or whatever it is, sometimes this works also: http://mybtdevice.home

Have you already got a working guest network?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Hi,

Yes maybe some clarity on the router comment would help, the router provided by BT (Smart Hub 2) means I need the Whole Home discs to get any good WiFi at home, i'll be seeking out a provider who uses a better router (eg: Vodafone Super Wifi is a mesh option or the ProII offering), or put the £20/£30 a month saved at cheap ISP towards my own Unify AP. 

I've tried the browser option of  http://192.168.1.xx and only see Guest to turn on and off not the option to schedule as is available via the App.

Thanks so much for the reply though I hadn't tried the above until now. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Dont rely on ISP WIFI or ISP WIFI addons, they are nearly always  locked to themselves and you end up paying for something which you'll have to give back or is useless with another provider.

Get yourself a decent 3rd party setup you can use always with any ISP, indeed I went for Unifi and its been great, but it wont pass through walls any better than the ISP router, WIFI will always diminish as it hits walls, you need multi wired wireless access points if you want consistent good WIFI around a property. The BT SH2 WIFI is decent, but it suffers in the same way a 100 million dollars AP will also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Emailed, followed the actions, and no change. 

Given this is old technology and I live in a new build house with ethernet ports in each room, I suspect it's worth me buying new access points. I don't really get whether my current set-up is exactly that, only that it doesn't allow me to schedule the kids' wifi, having given them access to the guest wifi.

0 Ratings