cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Whole Home Wifi Disc Light Stuck on Solid Purple

I have a 3 disc Whole Home Wifi mesh, and one disc has stopped working.

The status light is stuck on solid purple, which apparently means 'starting up' but it never progresses beyond that.  When accessing the admin website the other discs are visible, but not this one.  It also appears to be advertising a separate Wifi network called "ArcadyanDefault".

Restarting it has no effect, nor does pressing the reset to factory default button.

Has anyone any suggestions?  This post from 2021 suggests that it is irretrievable faulty and needs to be replaced https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/BT-WHOLE-HOME-WIFI-STUCK-AT-SOLDI-PURPLE-LED-PERMANTENTL...

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Whole Home Wifi Disc Light Stuck on Solid Purple

@mattseaborn 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

It would be best to give the WHW product helpdesk a call on 0808 100 6116 ( Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com and they'll be happy to help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

It looks like this disc has failed internally and likely will not be repairable. You can buy individual add-on Wholehome discs on the internet for around £40-50 and they are straightforward to pair with your existing Wholehome system. That's probably your best course of action rather than messing around trying to get the errant disc to work.
Message 4 of 6

I’m having the same problem. It’s only one of my discs and I think it happened when I did a factory reset after a power cut.

was really hoping I could reinstall the BT firmware from somewhere but haven’t had any luck. Doesn’t seem right to bin something just because it’s missing firmware.

did you get anywhere with it beyond buying a new one as others have suggested? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

The official response from BT Support was that a new one needed to be bought.

Unfortunately they aren't sold any more and so it would have to be a 2nd hand one, which seem to go for about £50 on eBay.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Check out CEX. Two for £60 with a 24 month warranty.

0 Ratings