cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Whole Home Wifi is the most frustrating tech I've ever used

Thanks for the useful insights. 
According to BT and Openreach the broadband to router ( already replaced twice)  is rock solid and hasn’t dropped its connection. Whether that’s right is an open question.  Which is why I’ve moved on to try and diagnose the WH disc network. 
Is there any info to help understand the logs?
As you say the BT software is 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: Whole Home Wifi is the most frustrating tech I've ever used

@ross745 

So, you are typically seeing a network uptime measured in days?

Do you have wired components - if so, do they stay fully operational when disc problems happen?

Do you have at least 1 disc hard-wired into the hub?

Have you switched off the hub's wi-fi or left it operational?

I genuinely spent weeks trying to get mine working as a replacement for an Apple solution which I had used for several years. I really wanted a BT end-to-end solution. I did factory resets on them, I upgraded firmware, I deleted and reinstalled the BT app. I even took all discs into the same room at one point. The connection map shown by the app hardly ever matched reality and they would gradually red-light on me within 30 - 45 mins.

Whilst the failure to actually get it working was the ultimate problem, the configuration and management software was the greatest frustration. Whoever designed / developed / tested / released this software should be fired! It would certainly not have met my acceptance criteria.

Writing off 6 discs and replacing them with Netgear kit was not a cheap option but I configured them once and have not had to go near them since.

0 Ratings