cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

1.6 Gbps on BT Full Fat

Does anyone know if BT intend to bring the faster speeds to Full Fat Fibre, or just EE?

BT Business doesn't offer the faster speeds.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: 1.6 Gbps on BT Full Fat

No idea.

For now, it is another incentive to move to EE, which you can do at any time.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Except I won’t get a fixed IP

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Then move to an ISP who offers that, wait an undefined amount of time for BT to offer it (which they may never do), or start lobbying EE for a fixed IP as part of their service are your options. 

EE is going to be the consumer brand of BT Group, eventually they will be your only choice if you want to stay within it unless you buy a business package.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Hmmmm.  Not helpful and a tad agressive. I AM on a business package and simply would like a better speed. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

@GDog2wrote:

Hmmmm.  Not helpful and a tad agressive. I AM on a business package and simply would like a better speed. 

It's not intended to be, but it is very hard to help people who don't give enough information at the outset.

You didn't mention fixed IP and if I knew you were a business customer, I would have sent you here instead: https://business.forums.bt.com/  

This is the residential consumer community for BT and I am just a customer. Currently, as a residential consumer you can only get 1.6Gbps from EE and I am not aware of any plans to change that.

As you are a business customer, I would recommend asking the same question in that forum. 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

You could buy a domain name and setup dynamic DNS to it, IE if you really wanted 1.6Gbps from EE you could work around the issue and have your PPPOE interface update a record for your domain. I do the same, although I am with BT I always had a static IP with Virgin, on the very few occasions my BT IP changes my router updates a record with Cloudflare hosting, that way I can always reach domain externally etc.

Absolutely no idea when BT will offer 1.6Gbps and i'd prefer the wholesalers to actually provide faster upload, to me going from 900Mbps to 1600Mbps Down is is far less important than going from 110Mbps to 500Mbps Up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 8 of 14

@GDog2 

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

You don’t feel like being helpful and saying fixed IP is available on EE 1.6 then?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

@GDog2 

as this is only a residential forum for customers helping customers nobody here will have information about EE business router and when/if it will have ability for fixed IP

try EE forum for business customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings