cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

3 Days post activation, no internet.

Hi everyone.

I'm here as a bit of a last resort. I had bt full fibre (fttp) installed by a Kelly Group engineer on Monday 16/09. Everything seemed to be installed fine with the modem lights all green and I received texts and emails from both open reach and bt that my broadband was activated.

Unfortunately 3 days later the light on the smart hub 2 is still orange. Have tried power cycling, turning it off completely and a factory reset but nothing has worked.

I have tried contacting bt several times via text message, the online messenger thingy, the app and phone calls. Everytime I've tried to call them I end up on hold for about 20 minutes then they hang up. 

I really don't want to cancel, I actually like bt and don't want the hassle of finding another provider with so much going on at the moment (just bought the house, needs tons of work and partner is pregnant, due in November).

Thanks for reading this far.

Can anyone suggest another avenue to try and get this resolved?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: 3 Days post activation, no internet.

is your ethernet cable form ONT connected to the EAN port on the hub ( ethernet 4)

can you go you hub manager 192.168.1.254 into address bar then advanced settings then technical log information and check the WAN toggle switch is on

if both ok then phone CS 03301234150 and they should be able to help as appears you connection has not yet been activated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for replying.

The ethernet cable is connected correctly, I also tried two others just incase. 

I looked in the advanced settings of the router but couldn't see a WAN toggle anywhere. 

It seems cs is my only option.

Unfortunately my mobile isn't with bt or ee and I have already used the allowance I set for extra charges calling them already, I'll have to use my partners mobile but she hasn't fully moved in with all the work going on so will need to get her here when I'm not in work.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

You need to go to Advanced Settings - Broadband (not Technical Log) and then find the "Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode. Then toggle "Off" to "On".
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It's not a router connection problem, if it was the hub would be purple rather than orange.

Orange indicates good physical connectivity but service not activated. Only BT can solve, don't let cs fob you off saying it is an Openreach problem.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Ah yes that's already on, thanks for clarifying though.

0 Ratings