cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Activation day passed

Hello, 

I changed my broadband from Fibre 1 to Fibre with BT Halo 3 and turned off landline. Yesterday was my activation day but from yesterday my router is flashing pink light and I don’t know what’s the problem.

Thank you for any help.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Activation day passed

@Ushatyx 

What do you mean you turned off your landline, you still need it to carry the broadband connection?

If all you did was to stop your phone service, you still need the copper landline, otherwise it will not work.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe 

Sorry, You are right, I meant phone service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Ushatyx wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe 

Sorry, You are right, I meant phone service.

Provided your BT Home Hub is still connected to your phone line, just as it was before, and you have not disconnected anything, then it should just work, as your product change would not have affected your broadband.

If not, all you can do is to report it to BT, once you are sure you have not disconnected anything.

I assume you have not moved over to full fibre, with an Openreach fibre modem that has been installed?

What is BT Fibre Halo 3?

What is BT Halo 3? BT Halo is BT's flagship fibre broadband service. If you have the latest BT Halo 3+ package, you'll get “unbreakable wi-fi” through Hybrid Connect, Complete Wi-Fi and the Smart Hub 2 router. You'll also get a free upgrade to BT's full fibre broadband when it becomes available at your
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe 

I didn’t touch anything because I taught everything will be working.

I have Smart Hub modem. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Ushatyx wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe 

I didn’t touch anything because I taught everything will be working.

I have Smart Hub modem. 

I assume you mean the BT Smart Hub 2, as that is required for the hybrid connect to work.

All you can do is to ring BT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe 

I just received text message from BT, that engineers identified there is more work needed to get me connected and they will be in touch.

So the problem is solved.

Thank you for help. 

0 Ratings