cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: All connections lost after Hub system restart reason: SAAF

@Daveiw100 

From a LAN connected laptop, PC or MAC, navigate to My Network.

You will be asked to enter the hub Admin password, look at the icons against each device in the list presented to you, are the offending item icons grey or blue?

Grey means not connected, Blue means that they are connected. Having said that (and before @licquorice jumps down my throat 😉 ) the hub manager is not the best and shouldn't be relied upon but it still gives an indication.

Message 12 of 18

I have just awoken to exactly the same problem!  I too am on FFTP and the modem was showing its happy blue light, but nobody was in. The link to my external switch was down, there was no wifi signal, and  the DV phones were complaining about no link to the hub, so I had no phone communication.

After a power cycle, all came back. 

Looking at the logs, it happened just after midnight, but it doesn't appear to be after a firmware upgrade (which happened back in November).  I would dearly love to ditch this router, and go back to my Mikrotik, but BT have me over a barrel with the DV situation!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

You don't have to have DV, any VOIP service (from another provider) will work with your own router but of course it will cost extra

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

I do have a separate VOIP account, but if I don’t use the BT DV option I lose the number that I’ve had for the last 30 years!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

It's not something that I have personal experience of but a quick search on Google suggests that you can transfer your existing number to a VOIP provider (?)

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Nope! As soon as you transfer you number from BT the line is effectively ceased.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

I would suggest you ring the Options team and see what you can negotiate. 0800 800 030.

Make sure they understand you want to port your number and go onto broadband only. You may have to start a new contract.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

I’ll give that a try
0 Ratings