cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Anyone else having broadband problems in the North of Scotland today?

Anyone else having broadband problems in the North of Scotland today?

It has been coming and going for over an hour so just wondering if there is some sort of widespread problem?

I am in 01397 area

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Anyone else having broadband problems in the North of Scotland today?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I often the most reliable source is other users.

Never forget that a few years ago there was a major fault in Inverness exchange affecting the whole North of Scotland but no one was aware because the BT call centre was logging complaints but nothing was done about them because the fault did not raise an alarm because of the fault.

All data networks work on the old principle that if the computer says it is OK then everything is OK.  I experienced ths myself when we had major faults at work after lightning, one place was off for over a day (a different telecom company). An 'engineer' came out late in the evening and told me at nearly midnight that it was fixed, I explained that there was still no data coming out of their bay but his computer said it was OK and he believed that rather then check the actual equipment.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

So going by your reasoning there is no point in checking the BT service site and nobody else is having a problem as can be seen here as no one has responded to this post.

Great way of checking for problems!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I had a couple of friends nearby who used BT so I would usually check with them first but otherwise I have often been able get confirmation here that there is a problem.

I just pointed out that the Service Status is not a guarantee that there is no BT problem.

It is intermittently faulty again today.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings